Bloomington Economic Development Corporation (BEDC) is looking for a full-time, enthusiastic, flexible, and highly motivated Project Assistant who can work autonomously and as part of a team.
The Project Assistant supports the mission of the BEDC and the implementation of projects and programs related to the Bloomington Technology Partnership, Bloomington Life Sciences Partnership, and B-Start.
Since 1985, BEDC has been dedicated to enhancing the vitality of our community. As the leading economic development organization for Bloomington/Monroe County, we are focused on increasing opportunities for citizens whether it’s through supporting existing businesses, tackling workforce issues, or fostering entrepreneurial activity.
Primary responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Assisting in program development, business recruitment projects, economic and demographic information research
- Assisting in daily operations, including answering phones, assisting walk-in guests, meeting preparation, correspondence and filing
- Web content management, social media communication and other marketing and communication
- Represent the BEDC at public meetings and events
Our ideal applicant will be:
- Interested in Economic and Community Development, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation
- Familiar with the Bloomington/Monroe County community with a willingness to learn more
- Professional with personal integrity in a confidential environment and attention to detail
- Skilled at verbal and written communication
- Economic Development experience or education
Learn more about the BEDC here:
Send your resume and cover letter by March 31, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org